Barcelona are hoping for a “positive response” from Bayern Munich after making an offer for their Polish striker. Robert Lewandowski, Club president John Laporta said on Thursday. “We have made an offer for the player, we are waiting for an answer, we will see if it is positive,” Laporta said during the offer of a new signature. Andreas Christensen. Byron has previously insisted that Lewandowski, who is voicing his desire to leave the German champions this summer, must fulfill his contract, which expires in June 2023.
“We thank the player (Lewandowski) for all the demonstrations he wants to come,” Laporta said.
The 33-year-old striker, who has twice been voted FIFA’s best male player, has scored 238 Bundesliga goals in 252 appearances for Byron in eight years.
Laporta said he wanted to respect Byron and did not specify the amount offered. However, he denied rumors that the German club, skeptical of Barca’s financial situation, wanted to pay for Lewandowski’s transfer.
“I don’t believe it,” he said Laport. “I’m sure it’s cat information and it was a joke. It didn’t come from Bayern.”
At the end of June, the German press indicated that Bara had offered Byron a bonus of 5 million euros in addition to 40 million euros for the pole.
“We have made an offer and they should consider it now,” Laporta said without elaborating.
At the same press conference, the club’s sports adviser Jordi Crowe confirmed the possible departure of French defender Clement Langlett, who is expected to be on loan to Tottenham immediately.
“We are very close to departure, it will be officially announced,” Crowe said.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is automatically generated from a syndicated feed.)
Topics covered in this article