The Indian cricket team led by Rohit Sharma played its best and won the first ODI against England by 10 wickets. Jaspreet Bumrah took six wickets, while Rohit scored an unbeaten half-century as India overcame Jose Butler-led England in all areas. Ahead of the first ODI, the BCCI said in a tweet that Virat Kohli was not considered for the game due to “groin strain”. Their availability for the second ODI is also in question. If that happens, it is unlikely that India will tinker with the winning combination of the first ODI.
India’s second ODI prediction against England XI:
1. Rohit Sharma (captain): He led the team from the front and scored an unbeaten 76 off 58 balls with the help of which India achieved the target of 111 runs in just 18.4 overs. His good form will be important for India.
2. Shekhar Dhawan: He supported Rohit with an unbeaten 31 off 54 balls. He will be eager to continue his form only in the format where he is considered for the Indian team.
3. Shriyas Ayyar: He was nominated as a replacement for Virat Kohli. He did not get a chance to bat in the first ODI and if Kohli does not recover, he will get another chance.
4. Surya Kumar Yadav: He is in great form after scoring a century in the T20I series against England. His performance will be closely watched in the 2022 T20 World Cup.
5. Rishbh Pant: He was brilliant behind the stumps in the first ODI, with three brilliant catches. When they perform, their batting is also a treat to watch.
6. Hardik Pandya: He bowled four overs for 22 runs and did not take any wicket. He balances the team.
7. Ravindra Jadeja: He did not know how to bowl or bat. However, the experienced all-rounder plays an important role in the plans of the Indian ODI teams.
8. Jaspreet Bumrah: On the return of 6/19 in the first ODI, he was declared the ‘Player of the Match’. He will lead the bowling attack.
9. Mohammad Shami: With some brilliant balls, Shami took the wickets of Ben Stokes, Jose Butler and Craig Overton. They are Bumrah’s best allies.
10. Prasad Krishna: He is an out and out hit the deck bowler. He sometimes gave the England batsmen a wide, but he also bowled some great balls.
11. Yuzwinder Chahal: He bowled just two overs and gave up 10 runs. In his current form, he is the best Indian spinner.
Topics covered in this article