IPL 2022: Yuzwinder Chahal wins the Purple Cap.© BCCI / IPL
Yuzwinder Chahal Rajasthan Royals may not have reached the winning podium after losing to Gujarat Titans in the IPL final, but they were overjoyed with their overall performance in IPL 2022. 27 wickets in IPL 2022, going to the match, Chahal was second despite taking the same number of wickets (26) of RCB. Vanindu will laugh. But due to better economic growth, Sri Lanka topped the list. In the IPL final on Sunday, Chahal took a wicket to take the lead in the Purple Cape race. Chahal was also left behind. Imran Tahir Became the highest wicket-taker in the IPL season.
Tahir had taken 26 wickets for Chennai Super Kings in the 2019 IPL season.
This was the first season of Chahal with Rajasthan Royals when the team bought it in the IPL mega auction for Rs 6.50 crore.
Royal Challengers Bangalore did not use their option to retain Chahal, which allowed the star spinner to enter the auction pool.
Chahal reciprocated RR’s confidence in IPL 2022 with some superb performances with the ball.
Here is Purple Cape’s latest top 10 list for IPL 2022:
1. Yuzwinder Chahal – 27 wickets in 17 matches
2. Venundo Hasaranga – 26 wickets in 16 games
3. Kagiso Rabada. – 23 wickets in 13 matches
4. Imran Malik – 22 wickets in 14 matches
5. Kuldeep Yadav – 21 wickets in 14 matches
6. Muhammad Shami – 20 wickets in 16 matches
7. Josh Hazelwood – 20 wickets in 12 matches
8. Rashid Khan – 19 wickets in 16 matches
9. Herschel Patel – 19 wickets in 15 matches
10 پرسدھ کرشنا۔ – 19 wickets in 17 matches
Topics covered in this article